nightstandnovels

Grave Destinations
Lori Sjoberg
Progress: 30 %

Their Virgin's Secret, Masters of Ménage, Book 2

Their Virgin's Secret - Shayla Black, Lexi Blake Review originally post at Http://nightstandnovels.com

Their Virgin’s secret, book 2 in the Masters of Ménage series, focuses on the Lennox brothers… Burke and Cole, whom we briefly met in Their Virgin Captive

Burke and Cole, identical twins, have no one to depend on but each other. Raised by an uncaring, mentally abusive uncle after the death of their parents, Burke and Cole are damaged goods.

His self-esteem shot, Cole believes that he is undeserving of love and affection, while Burke has managed to seemingly overcome the negativity and damage done to his self-esteem…at least on the outside.

Jessa Wade grew up living a privileged life. Tired of trying to please her parents, Jessa decides that she wants to pursue her true love..art. Kicked out of the house and cut off from her parents support, Jessa is forced to rely on her aunt for a job and a place to stay. Having spent all of her time being the good girl her parents wanted, Jessa is determined to live life on her own terms.

Lexi Blake and Shayla Black have done it again with Their Virgin’s Secret! I really enjoyed this story, even more so than the initial book in the series. The storyline was exciting and suspenseful and kept me wanting more.

I’m usually not a fan of the flashback scenarios but in this case…. it worked! The story flashes back and forth between the characters first chance meeting one year prior and present day. The flashbacks are very necessary in order for us to get the full understanding of how the characters came to connect and why they now act the way they do.

Although Jessa was a bit unreasonable and naive at times, she managed to hold her own with the twins. I absolutely loved the Lennox brothers…especially Cole. I just wanted to reach out and fix him myself. Dominant and authoritative, yet unsure of himself and wanting to be loved….How could that not tug at your heartstrings? I also liked the way Burke, the more easy going of the pair, cared and was concerned about his brother’s well being and wanted nothing more than to help him deal with the issues their uncle caused. He brought that same care and concern into the relationship that he shared with Jessa. The way they dominated Jessa as one and made her ask for what she wanted and needed from them made me swoon. She got over her shyness Real quick. lol The way that the Lennox boys were able to communicate with just their eyes without really “communicating” was a true testament as to just how connected they were. They were truly halves of a whole( as Jessa often stated) and together they made for the perfect man. I’m on the lookout for my halves of a whole now hehe!

Again, I enjoyed the suspense aspect of the novel which kept me up way past my bedtime reading in order to find out what would happen next. It was much more developed this time around and was an integral part of the story.

The menage aspect, while not “in your face” and over the top, served to add to the story without overpowering it. The Dom/sub scenes were tastefully done, in a loving and caring manner which really managed to solidify the connection between the characters. And oh yeah, they were hot, Hot and more HOT!

Black and Blake also introduce us to Rafe and Kade, two delectable Doms of royal descent, whom I suspect will get a whole lot more air time in Their Virgin Concubine..Book 3 in the series.